Get Your Free Whitepaper!
Guide to Barrier Packaging Materials & Processes for Shelf-Stable Thermoformed Food Applications
Many factors play a part in the design & development of barrier rollstock packaging materials and formed containers for extended shelf-life food applications from sustainability, to shelf-life expectations, to retail & distribution conditions. Understanding the materials & processes used for these applications is key to developing a product that meets all requirements for safety and quality throughout the shelf-life duration.
In this guide you will find information on:
- Details on commonly used high barrier food packaging materials
- Guide to common substrates used in barrier thermoformed food packaging
- Information on typical forming processes used & material selection guidance
- Advice on defining packaging requirements for optimal package performance
- Common packaging & sterilization techniques for barrier shelf-stable food products
- Tips for designing sustainable packaging solutions